Thursday, August 16, 2007

1st Day of 2nd Grade


I keep thinking about the Veggie Tales song in the movie "Jonah and the Whale". Here's part of the song:


Oh Billy Joe McGuffrey
Was a really clumsy kid
On the 2nd day of 2nd grade
I'll tell you what he did

He slipped on a banana peel
Flew up in the sky
Landed on a chimpanzee
Who poked him in the eye

He needed
1st aid (clap) in the 2nd grade (2claps)
1st aid (clap) in the 2nd grade (2claps)
1st aid (clap) in the 2nd grade (2claps)
You could a buy a zoo
With all the doctor bills he paid!


OK, now back to the blog. Kara started school on Monday. She was the cutest little thing. We of course planned out her wardrobe, bought a new back pack w/matching lunch box. Friday night was open house and we met her teacher. Mrs. Smith. Isn't that a great teacher name? She is probably in her 40's. This is her first year to teach. I love it because she has the enthusiasm of a new teacher yet she is wise and mature. Plus, she is friends with Kara's first grade teacher whom we adore. I am going to be the home room mother again. I really liked it last year and it is a way to feel like I am a part of Kara's education. I am also chairing the PTO desk. The ladies on the board this year are so nice and approachable. We only have had a couple bumps in the road. There is a child in Kara's class that I wish wasn't in there. Kara is just going to have to over come this situation. The other bump in the road is that they are re-drawing the district lines and we might be in another school district next year. Hopefully not. We will find out in September.
Kara has really grown this summer. Literally. She can hardly wear any of her clothes from this summer. We are having to go out and buy pants that she can wear. I just can't believe how big my baby is getting.

No comments: