Thursday, December 27, 2007

Chrismas Programs

Will was in 3 this year! One at church (preschoolers rang bells) and two from the preschools that he attends. His Tues. and Thurs. school had their program early in Dec. The kids had matching sweatshirts that they painted their hand prints into trees. It was very organized and practiced.

Now, his MWF morning school was another story. Not sure if any of you have heard of "Irish Travelers" (sometimes called gypsies) but they live in Memphis near us. The Baptist school that William goes to has a slew of them. You have not lived until you attend a program with them in attendance. They doll up and I mean DOLL UP their kids. They are generally loud and unruly. The director was chasing around kids in the choir loft during the program. I didn't realize that there were that many in his school. We might not send him back. When he started school they were not registered yet. They travel until Oct/Nov. I think they are in Texas but not sure. Will's school will hold spots for them and I guess their Catholic school won't. They drop out of school early and their marriages are arranged. The girls are usually very young and the men are older. It is definitely a different world. They drip in diamonds, jewels, furs, etc. They drive spanking brand new vehicles - usually Lexus, Cadillac, Acura, Infiniti, etc. They live in house trailers and I have heard that they are decked out with even chandeliers. They pay for everything in cash and I have been told that they don't have social security cards. How can that be after 9/11?

How did I get off on this tangent? Anyway, I am proud of my kids and love seeing them on stage.

Kara was also in the one at church. The name of the program was "In the Country."

No comments: