Sunday, December 30, 2007

My New Favorite Movie

p s i love you

I have had two wonderful days. Yesterday, my mom, her cousin, Jackie, and I went out all day. We shopped at the Collierville mall, at lunch at P.J. Changs, and saw "P.S. I Love You." It was such a wonderful story. I love Hillary Swank, Kathy Bates (who is from Memphis), and Harry Connick, Jr. There were also a couple of actors that are a "tall drinks of water." Evidently they are famous but I did not know them. Molly Smith was a producer on this movie and her father is Fred Smith (the founder of FedEx which is headquartered in Memphis). She was on a local news show talking about the movie. Fred Smith owns the production company.

Tonight the kids are spending the night with my parents. Joel and I went to eat at a new Thai reastaurant in town. It was very very nice. The owner spoke with us for a while and brought out some curries for me to taste. I loved the red curry. Afterwards I drug Joel to "P.S. I Love You." He wasn't wild about the idea but I think he was glad he went. I cried for the second time.

P.S. I Love You made me appreciate Joel. I have been with him since I was 21 and sometimes (OK, a lot) take him for granted. He is a good man. Loves me. Loves our kids. He loves the Lord and wants to please Him. He is honest, caring, sincere, tender hearted, compassionate. He is laid back and has no worries. Life is bright for Joel and he loves every minute of his day. He is strong and athletic. He tries to take care of himself. He puts me and the kids first. He gives of his time to church. He works a camp in the summer for foster kids. He is a hard worker, self starter. Successful in his busines. My list can go on and on. I love him so much. I cannot imagine a life without him. I need him. He is apart of me like a limb or vital organ. Yes, we have our issues and problems but I don't want anyone else to share my life with. Joel, you are perfect for me and I am so glad that God put us together. What a WONDERFUL 2008 we are going to have. I can't wait!!!

No comments: