Sunday, January 27, 2008

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY, SETH!!!!



Our thoughts have been with Seth all day. I wonder if his foster family is celebrating. I wonder if they are doing anything special. We had planned on grilling out and eating cake but are putting it off until tomorrow night. I know that with my own kids we rarely celebrated their birthday on the actual date. We have finished Kara's room and moved her upstairs. We are exhausted after a busy weekend getting ready for our new addition. Only 4 weeks and 3 days! I just can't believe it!!

This is a picture of the birthday package that we sent Seth a couple of weeks ago. We included a one time use video camera that records up to 20 minutes. Several toys including a truck and ball. Our favorite gift was a bear we made at Build-A-Bear. We put a sound chip it that had our voices on it. Each of us (including the kids) said "Happy Birthday Pat, love Daddy", so on and so forth with Will talking last. It is so cute and I hope we can take it home with us when we get Seth. The bear is also wearing a University of Memphis t-shirt. Go Tigers. Not shown was a yellow "King" shirt and a couple of outfits.

Happy Birthday, Seth, we love you so much even though we are a world away. Not long now.

4 comments:

Robin and Kyle said...

Have fun celebrating Seth's birthday! You're so close to having him in your arms! I really love the video camera idea. Video of Seth with his foster family will be precious.

Julie said...

Not long now and you have so many birthdays to enjoy as a family. We are waiting for our travel date and hope to go in March/ April to our little girl. Love the idea of the toy with your messages for Seth.
Julie

Tasha Kent said...

Hi,
I found you on another international adoption blogroll and stopped by your site for a visit. I'm also adopting, but from Uzbekistan. Good luck on your journey and I look forward to following your progress.
Tasha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Seth...we don't have too long to wait and celebrating a month later in person ain't too bad...but I do understand the bittersweetness of it all!

Hirally