Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day Three - Part Two - We have turned a corner

Chiang Rai International Community Church

Seth was all over the place!

Connie and Richard's Great Pastor

Dinner

A little girl dancing at the Sunday night walking market

Seth woke up happy from his nap. He actually sat on the bed by himself (us sitting there too). He also played with toys by himself for the first time. We were so excited. I gave him a bath before church and bath time was still stressful.

Richard, Connie, and family picked us up for church. The church was somewhat like home but different too. Seth was babbling loudly so I took him outside. He actually got down and started walking around. It is the first time that he has walked for us. It took him 5 days. When church was over he babbled and talked and cut up. He acted like a typical 1 year old. Connie introduced us to several families. We met the pastor and he prayed for us. He was from the UK and had a really gentle spirit. He and his wife foster 5 kids. I saw several Thai kids that are waiting for families. One family at the church fled from Pakistan. Their life had been threatened for being Christians.

After church we went to a farang (English) restaurant. I got the calzone and it was delish. We said good bye to our new friends. They have been terrific hosts. We then went to the Sunday walking market which was just across the street. We hit pay day. It was a huge market with hundreds of booths and thousands of people. We bought almost everything on our list. We took a tuk tuk home. It was my first ride in one and the driver took it easy on me.

Seth went right down tonight with no tears. He babbled to himself and then fell asleep. Joel and I rejoiced!!!

We leave early in the morning for our 8:30 flight back to Bangkok. Only one more night in Thailand after tonight. Hallelujah, I'm close to seeing my kids!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Tracy!!!! I'm sooo glad he did so well!!! I know you are ready to see your babies!!! Thanks for keeping us posted throughout this marvelous journey. It has really been a blessing seeing what God is doing in your lives!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! One more day...We can't wait to see ya'll and your little boy safe at home. What a wonderful day Tuesday will Be!

Anonymous said...

It's almost time for you to get home! As I type this it's Monday night in Thailand so you might not see it until you get home. I am so glad that Sunday was such a great day for you!. Sounds like Seth is "hitting his stride". Kara came to Anna's birthday party Saturday and had a great time. She really got into painting her piece of pottery and did a great job. I'll pray for you during your fight home. Hopefully the "spirit of slumber" will come over Seth for the long journey home (lol)! I hope you remembered to take the cheerios. Anna ate a TON of them on the plane trip home from China. I was grateful to have them! Can't wait till Tuesday! See you then!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Seth is coming into his own with you guys and that your time in Chiang Mai was so good. Have an amazing last day in Bangkok at the Amari (where this phase of the journey began) and a great trip home!!

Hirally

Hannah said...

I'm just so happy for you guys! I hope we will have a chance to all meet in Portland in 2009. :) Travel safe and I can't wait to hear the adventures from home.

Cortney Genova said...

I am so happy for you guys!! I will miss seeing you at Mommy's Secret this year! Looking forward to lots of pictures~!

chaniemom said...

Dear Tracy,

I've been eagerly following your whole adoption journey. We can't wait to travel, ourselves. We're hoping to get a little settled into our new home before we get the call. And, yet, we want to see our daugther yesterday, if you know what I mean. Can't wait to keep hearing about Seth and your whole family!