Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Week Already


I can't believe that we have been home a week. Truthfully, it has been a blur. Jet lag really threw me for a loop. Plus, Seth adjusting to our sleep schedule has been a struggle. Until last night he was up off and on all night. He usually woke up at midnight and 3:30. It is a little like having a newborn. We try to meet his needs immediately to help him trust us. He is sleeping in the bed with us at night. Last night he woke up at 5:30 and I gave him a bottle and he went right back to sleep until 7. I feel so much better today.

I have started putting him in his crib for naps. There is a twin size bed in there so I lay on the bed until he is asleep. That's where he is now.

I am so proud of Kara and Will. They have done wonderful. They love Seth and have accepted him whole heartedly. So far so good. I did take each child out this week by themselves. I think that we will do that for a while. I love having Seth here but it is an adjustment getting used to the time required for a baby. I feel a little guilty about Kara and Will not getting as much time. I know this will pass.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Just hang in there. It will get better. If it makes you feel better, we are still getting up in the middle of the night with Andrew. Some nights are better than others. But, just remember, it WILL come to an end and just be a memory before you know it. I will be praying for you.
Michelle Jinnette

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you, my friend. Your life has been a whirlwind the past few weeks....and now is starting to settle down...you and your family are in the palm of our Savior's hand. No detail is overlooked with our God, no prayer too small! Is that boy a perfect fit for your family or what??? Look at that picture, he looks overjoyed to be right in the middle of his big sis and brother!!! I will always love you my sista love...muah~

cnbsmom said...

I am glad to hear that things are getting better since the last time I talked to you!!! I am still praying for easy adustments for you and your family!! I'm glad to hear that the napping in the crib is working out. The kids look so adorable sitting together. He really is a good fit!!!