Friday, March 23, 2007

Dossier Completed!

Hooray! We are finished with all of our paperwork and it is safely in Oregon. I have not heard from Holt but I know that FedEx delivered my package Wed. morning. There might be some changes that we have to make but we will cross that bridge when we get there. Right now I am just relieved that my paper trail has ended.
We received our dossier back from Washington on Tuesday. Our paperwork had a fancy Thai cover letter with a gold ribbon binding the papers. Impressive.

We received an email from Holt last week with an update on the Thailand program. Because China has become more difficult to adopt from, more parents are looking into other countries. With that said they are seeing more families join the Thailand program. There will probably be more delays and time frames are going to expand. I wanted to beat the "rush" and get my paperwork in. We started with our initial application to Holt on Jan. 2ND - we completed it and had it approved by Holt on March 1st. That is pretty darn good. I feel like I have done my part and now I just have to wait for the next step.