Thursday, March 8, 2007

I Hate Getting My Picture Made

I tried to wrap up some loose ends today on the dossier. I went to Walmart and made 6 passport photos. They were HORRIBLE pictures and they cost $32. Highway robbery. I made copies of our child opinion form. That's the form that you fill out saying what problems you can handle with your child. I didn't mark "yes" too much. We have stinky insurance and couldn't financially handle a lot of surgeries. Plus, I think because of where we live -in the South- it will be hard enough for this kid to fit in much less have a lot of medical issues. Now, I know what you are thinking. I thought that way too but when it comes right down to you and your family, your ideas change.

I talked to Mr. Taggart at Central Delivery Service in Washington. He is our courier. He did receive our package and will get started tomorrow. He is very nice and couldn't believe that Mississippi was so close to Graceland. He will take our dossier (paperwork) to the U.S. Department of State and the Royal Thai Embassy. He said it should take around 7 days. I want to have everything together so that I can turn it around and send it to Oregon on the same day. Thank you Uncle Glen for letting us use your FedEx number. Only $5 to ship. We paid our social worker $25 for two shipments and we paid Glen $25 for 5 shipments. It makes a huge difference.

Thank you Lord for giving us this opportunity. You can't believe how many people have told me that they would love to adopt. Most don't have the finances (I completely understand), some of them have a spouse that doesn't agree, and one woman that I met today has a husband with a felony. This is a wonderful opportunity for us and I am truly humbled.

No comments: