Tuesday, May 22, 2007

12 Wonderful Years

Or 11 1/2 as Joel says. The first six months were not so hot. Our anniversary was Sunday. We had a great time. We went to church Sunday morning. We took the kids to our small group Sunday evening b/c my parents were keeping them.

We went downtown, which is my favorite, and ate at Capriccio Steak house at the Peabody. Very good but expensive. We then went to the Peabody Place and watched Spider Man 3. I was not too excited about this but it was the only thing decent on. I was pleasantly surprised. It had a nice plot to it. I am not too fond of all action and science fiction movies.

We left downtown and I called my parents. I just assumed that they were going to take the kids home and put them to bed. Kara had school the next day. Boy was I wrong. It was 10:30 when we got to my parents house and they were not inside. My mother, father, Kara and Will were on the Ranger riding around with flashlights looking for frogs. I was in shock. My mother was in her night gown. Now for those of you who know her, is that not hilarious?

I am in such a happy place. I truly love my life, my Lord, my husband and family. I am truly blessed. I hope the next 12 years and beyond are this wonderful.