Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. J was so sweet and pampered me all weekend. We got up early enough Sunday morning to eat breakfast at church. They are raising money for missions. We went to lunch at "The Boiling Point". Mom, Jamie, and Jelynn and I went to the Helen Britt show downtown at the Cook Convention Center. We had a great time. J cooked steak and homemade ice cream for dessert. Kara was so excited to give me her gifts from school. They are very precious to me.

J got me a Vera Bradley cosmetic bag and brush bag. I wanted it b/c it has a pattern on there that looks very Thai. It has a black background with pink elephants and paisleys. I had a corsage to wear at church. My mom is always so generous and gave me a lounge outfit and a Vera Bradley purse. I am probably going to use it as a diaper bag. She also gave Kara and I a pair of necklaces. Mine is a black necklace with a piece of pewter that has the heart in the middle cut out. Kara's is also black but her charm is the heart that goes inside my cutout. I hope this makes sense. She wears one and I wear the other. She truly will always be in my heart. Mom also got me an angel that is beautiful and sits on my buffet in the entry. Tell me, isn't she excessive? Aren't I the one to shower her with gifts? I do try to get her a nice present but there is no out giving mom.

Saturday Mom, Grandma, Kara and I went to lunch at Red Lobster. It was very nice to have four generations sitting at one table. In hind site I wish that I had brought my camera.

I thought a lot about my Thai baby Sunday. Just knowing that I had a child somewhere made me a little sad. I told J that this is my last MD with only 2 kids. I am excited about what the year will bring.