Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day








Memorial Day was so relaxing. Joel's parents came in for my niece, Kelsey's, birthday. We went downtown Sat. night with my family (Mom, Dad, Greg, Jamie, and Hudson) to see the Sunset Symphony. It is one of my favorite things to do. The weather was perfect and my kids had a really good time. This year they added an air show before the performance. I have never seen one in person and it was really neat. The last plane was a dare devil. He was awesome. The Temptations sang with the orchestra. Very nice. Our evening ended with fireworks.

Sunday we ate barbecue and swam at Debbie and Glen's. Both Kara and Will are becoming great swimmers.

Monday we went downtown again but with Joel's family. We met at "Texas De Brazil" and ate. Awesome. We then let the kid's see the ducks at the Peabody. Afterwards we rode a trolley down to the fountains at City Hall. I brought their swimsuits and they ran through the fountains. They had a blast. I will post pictures soon.

I hope that Joel's parents move back soon. Their house is on the market so I hope it sells quickly. We had such a good visit and my kids love them so. They need both sets of grandparents in their lives.

I did think of Memorial Day and remember why we celebrate. I am so appreciative to the men and women who have served in the military. We had our accountability group meeting tonight at a restaurant and when we finished we prayed. I am so thankful that I live in a country that is free. Where I am free to pray in public and not worry about persecution. God Bless America.

No comments: