Tuesday, May 22, 2007

2nd Grade - Here We Come!







My baby girl is not in first grade anymore! I asked her if she wouldn't mind repeating it again next year. She politely said "no way"!

This has been such a wonderful experience for us. We could not have asked for a better teacher. Mrs. Roberson is so full of life. So excited to teach children. This was her first year to be a teacher but had assisted in years past. She also has a first grader. You could just tell she truly understood the children. Best of all she liked Kara. It was obvious. I was blessed to be her room mother. Although it is a lot of work I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope to do it again next year.

I had so many bad preconceived ideas of how public school was going to be. I found none of them to be true. There were only 23 kids in her class with 2 teachers. Mrs. Cagle is a friend of the family and she is a sweetheart like her mother. Kara is going to miss both of them as well as her friends.

At their classroom awards Kara was awarded the "friend to all". That's my baby. She has Christ shining through her even at this young age. She also made honor roll for the year. I am very, very proud of my children. I want to enjoy every second of them. I don't want to miss a thing!!!