Saturday, February 23, 2008

Finally in Bangkok

Funny how God has a way of letting you know He is in control. We arrived at the airport Thursday morning to find out that our flight had been canceled. After about an hour at the ticket counter we learned that our fastest route would be via Los Angeles. We flew to Chicago then on to LAX. We arrived at 11:00 and our flight out to BKK did not leave until 9:30 p.m. We spent most of the day touring Hollywood. The Oscars were Sat. night and we got to actually walk on the red carpet (covered in plastic).
The best part of this crazy change in plans was that we were able to fly Thai Air. It was scrumptious. Although we flew 18 hours total we could not have asked for anything nicer. There were only 50 passengers on the flight. Everyone was able to stretch out in a middle section.
The flight attendants were beautiful and changed clothes 3 times! We ate 3 wonderful meals on china and glass wear. I loved it. Thanks for all of the prayers everyone. Dawn, I received your message right before I was going to get our the last flight. God did hear my prayer, knew my heart, and blessed me with a wonderful flight.
It is Sat. afternoon now and we meet Seth in the morning at 10:30! Yipee! I will post pictures.

Kara and Will, Mommy and Daddy love you and are so proud of you. We miss you very much.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Glad your flight was nice (although unexpected) :) I didn't know they let anyone just walk the red carpet!!! :) What a fun story! Can't wait to see the pictures of you and Seth together at last

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tracey!!! So happy to see your post, I have been checking, checking, checking!!!!
Less than 12 hours to go now!! Can you even believe it! I can't wait to see photo's of Seth with you guys!
Funny how things happen isn't it! I loved your red carpet story, and Thai airways are awesome aren't they! I too loved seeing how pretty and classy the air hostesses were - HOW do they do it!!???
Have fun, enjoy Bangkok, and remember to take in every second from here forward!!
(Can't wait to see our new little Gator!!)

Blessings,

Sharon.

Jessica Roberts said...

wow! we are so happy for you. thinking about you guys all the time. tomorrow you will see him, touch, hear him, hold him, love him. How perfect!
jessica

Anonymous said...

Tracey!
The day has finally come! I am so excited to see pictures in the morning with Seth in your arms! I feel so blessed to be able to follow along and enjoy the journey with you! It brings back so many sweet memories!
Sarah (Holt family)

Anonymous said...

That is so neat that you got to walk on the red carpet!!! I am thinking of you and I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!!! I'm so proud for you guys!!!

Tera

Anonymous said...

Ok, I had to write and let you know that I am thinking of you RIGHT NOW!!!! YOU are finally with Seth!!!!!! It is 11.21pm here (saturday), Sunday morning for you guys, and you are with your new baby!! Yeah!!!!

Blessings!! and Hugs!!

Sharon.