Sunday, February 24, 2008


We met this morning in the lobby of the hotel. We went into a meeting room and watched a movie and went over our schedule for the week. The social workers and staff are wonderful. I truly cannot say enough nice things about them. At 10:45 the babies came. There are 2 other couples here with us. When Seth was carried in I recognized the outfit he had on. I sent it for his 1st birthday. He is so much smaller than I had envisioned. He cried a lot. His paperwork said that he is not good with strangers. He has serious stranger anxiety. He cried off and on while we were in hte meeting room. After an hour we went to the hotel restaurant for lunch. Seth stopped crying and even ate a good amount of soup. His soup was ordered for him and the other two babies. It was a rice, cabbage , tofu and chicken mixture. He does drink from a cup. Let me just tell you that the boy LOVES his bottle. We will not be taking him off of it any time soon. He had it with him almost all day. After lunch we went up to our room with our social worker. Seth was supposed to be introduced to our room and its surroundings. He was either crying or sleeping in our room. At this point he wanted me to hold him . Basically just for survival. At 2:00 we went downstairs and met the other families. Leah and Brian rode in the Sahathai van with us to Bang Sai. It took a little over an hour to get there. Time passed by fast as we were taking in all of the sights. Our van pulled off onto a dirt road. It stopped at a house and I thought that was the foster families house. Oh no, we had to walk around a little dirt path to get to Seth's house. I say that very loosely. They told us that in the monsoon season you have to take a boat to get there. His house was , well, nothing that I have ever seen. I will tell you that he has been loved immeasurably. The family is rich in love. We got to see Seth in his comfortable surroundings. He is happy and playful. Mrs. Ting takes excellent care of him and has to keep a constant eye on him. She even gave him a bath while we were there. He gets between 2 to 3 baths a day. They say he loves it. After about 2 hours the Sahathai van came and picked us up. We left Seth with them. It was sad leaving him but we know that we will have him full time in 2 days. Mrs. Ting said that she is so sad about him leaving and has had a bad appetite thinking about it.

Kara and Will, they asked lots of questions about you and said that Seth will have a great time living with you. We can't wait for you to meet him! We love you!

Gotta go, Joel is ready to leave the lobby!




14 comments:

Robin and Kyle said...

What a sweetheart Seth is! I can't believe you got to meet him and his foster family in one day. What an emotional day it must be for you! Hugs from here!
Robin and Kyle

Hannah said...

tears! I have tears! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

He is soooo sweet!!! I bet you are on cloud nine right now!!! What an awesome experience!!!!

Tera

Anonymous said...

How adorable is he???!!!!
Congratulations!!!
Your writing made me cry too! It is all so emotional, and wonderful, sometimes overwhelming! I know you must be walking on air right now!
So happy for you, and that Seth is just days away from being yours FOREVER!
Hugs to you all,
Sharon.

Julie said...

Thank-you so much for sharing this special time. He is such a sweet little boy. Congratulations. Enjoy you next few days with Seth.
Julie

Hayley said...

I am so excited to hear about your first meeting with Seth. You will treasure this time forever.

Anonymous said...

Everyone was so excited at church today to hear about your meeting with Seth and to see pictures of all of you together! He is SO beautiful (I'm a little partial to Asian babies!!)! It's easy to fall in love with Thailand, isn't it? I love it more each time I go! We love you all and we can't wait to see all of you back home!! Counting the days!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures and info! He is beautiful! How very exciting!

Amy Holland

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh....I am so, so joyous for you...I can't read it without tearing up. It must be such an incredible experience. I am constantly thinking of you all.Can't wait to meet your precious new son!! God Bless you in these next days, my friends.
Lisa Adams

Anonymous said...

Seth is adorable! I am so happy that the flight went so well. I am so happy for you and your family. I can't wait to hear more about your new son.

Jen-CIA

Anonymous said...

Seth is so sweet! I am so excited for you. His foster family looks very kind. It brings back so MANY dear memories. Enjoy every moment!
Blessings,
Sarah (Holt family)

Anonymous said...

Tracy/Joel, How thrilled we are to see your updates and the precious pictures of our Seth. We can hardly wait to see and hold him. You are constantly in my thoughts, and my prayers have been unceasing. I'm so happy for you both. God's love be extended to you - just one more time to go to sleep and get up until Seth is with you. Love, Jackie/Henry/Nathan

Anonymous said...

Tracy/Joel, How thrilled we are to see your updates and the precious pictures of our Seth. We can hardly wait to see and hold him. You are constantly in my thoughts, and my prayers have been unceasing. I'm so happy for you both. God's love be extended to you - just one more time to go to sleep and get up until Seth is with you. Love, Jackie/Henry/Nathan

Anonymous said...

Praise God for your new son! I'll be thinking of you tonight when you'll be getting him forever. Love you.
Marsha