Monday, February 25, 2008

Day Two

All 3 families met in the lobby at 10:30 and waited for the babies to arrive. Seth came in and I just can't get over how cute he is. He had on a little Christmas shirt and shorts and green camo shoes and socks. Gotta love it. He only cried a little bit when we first met him. He does OK for a little bit and it's like he thinks about it and cries. Today was a lot better and we could easily soothe him. We got into the van and headed to Central Shopping. It is the biggest department store that I have ever been in. It smelled like home. Nothing here smells like home. Kara, they even had a Build-A-Bear in this store. We ate at their restaurant first. You know that there will always be rice on the menu. I am adjusting to the food. After lunch we headed over to the home products. We bought Mrs. Ting and her family an oscolating fan. That is what they asked for. We also bought them a water boiler. It is like an instant water heater. They boil their water before they drink it. Thinking back, they didn't have a kitchen. It still blows my mind. After shopping the van dropped Mo (our social worker) off to the Homeland Security. As you see from the previous post things didn't go well. We walked back and then took the sky train to our hotel. I only had a minute to say good-bye to Seth. Joel had taken him up to the room. Seth is still not comfortable yet to be let down. Hopefully, today will be better. We meet him in the lobby at 11:00 - FOREVER OURS!!!

This is the fan and water boiler we bought Mrs. Ting.


Joel holding Seth right before he left to go home for the last time.


We were cheek to cheek!!

Joel and Seth at lunch

Mommy and Seth at the department store. His first time in the Ergo. I think he likes it.


Here we are at lunch

4 comments:

Courtney said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers ... I hope your VISA situation works itself out. Yay he is almost forever yours!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tracey, Seth is THE most handsome little boy!!!
He looks so sweet and gentle, and to see him in your arms after all of this time, just makes me cry.
Your story is heart warming, brings back so many wonderful memories, and I can't reassure you enough how quickly he will transition to you in the next couple of days. Especially now that you can relax a bit more on your own with him. He is finally ALL yours! Yeah!!!
As I write, (10.51pm - Monday) you are probably in the lobby waiting to get your little man Forever!!! I can't stop thinking about you all and you are in our prayers; as are Seth and his Foster Family too.
We will be praying about the visa and that it arrives on time, and that in the mean time you have peace in your heart that everything will be ok. I can't imagine how stressful it must be for you, wanting so much to be with Kara and will; just believe that you will be and this will all be part of Seth and their story of becoming brothers and sisters. I wish I could do something, please know that we will have many prayers for you all. (Hugs too)
Ok, Maybe you have Seth by now!! I just want to call you ladies!!!! Thinking of you all with MUCH joy!
Prayers, hugs and Love,
Sharon and Family.

Robin and Kyle said...

Tracy, Seth must be FOREVER YOURS sometime in the next hour! I'm so happy for you guys!!! I hope your visa situation works itself out soon, and you can relax and enjoy just holding him! Hugs, Robin and Kyle

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are sooo sweet!!! He is so adorable. I can't get over how precious you all look together!!! He should now be officially yours and I'm soooo proud for you!!

Tera