Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Boy Named Thailand

I had to post this after my post from Friday. My bubble had been busted a little. I prayed yesterday and asked God to just show me if we are doing the right thing. My brother asked me if I thought God was shutting a door. Well, this morning in Sunday school my pastor taught on Joseph being an adopted father to Jesus. His whole talk was on how Joseph accepted Jesus and raised him like his own. I will add that he and Nancy have an adopted daughter from China.

So this afternoon the kids and I went to Wal-Mart. Ours is the worst in North America. I kid you not. We were waiting in the LONG line to check out. There was a mom, dad, and 3 kids ahead of us. The mom and I struck up a conversation. She called to her son and said "Thailand". I was surprised and asked what his name was again and she "Thailand - like the country". I told her that we were adopting from Thailand. Then Kara told the little boy that she was getting a baby from Thailand. The little boy looked at his mom and asked "Am I giving her a baby"? That part was funny and I think the mom was a little embarrassed.

I know that little meeting was a destiny moment. Do you think both of these events in one day was a coincidence? I think not. I am encouraged and know that we will have a great testimony after our adoption journey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello - hope you dont mind me writing a comment, i came across your blog as with most things blog related - randomly. I find my life on the adoption journey much the same, some days things just seem soooo stacked against us and so hard, and then like you found some days there do seem the oddest of signs to remind you it is all okay and you just need to keep on moving forward. I really wish you the very best with your adoption journey and as far as the finances something always comes up, in our case my husband had a surprise afghan deployment - not an ideal path to raising the finances but i must not grumble as it makes us stronger in the end. Warmest wishes Gem x

Unknown said...

Hello and congratulations on your beautiful baby boy.

My name is Lisa Magnuson and my husband and I are very seriously considering adoption from Thailand, but don't know of anyone who has.

I'm sure you're quite busy with three little ones on your hands, but if you have a moment, could you please let me know if you were happy working with Holt International? We would appreciate any insights you might have. My email address is Lisa.Magnuson@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance and God bless.
Lisa

free adult erotic stories said...

Those who werentactually holding their genitals were squeezing thighs together. They might hurt herdaughter.
true sex stories teen
free sex stories young
hot free preteen sex taboo stories
free father daughter incest stories
free forced anal bestiality stories
Those who werentactually holding their genitals were squeezing thighs together. They might hurt herdaughter.