Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Time Away is Good Medicine






Our family, Mom and Dad, and Greg went to Nashville this past weekend. It didn't really change anything in my life but renewed and refreshed my mind. I think now I know why God requires us to sleep. I don't know about you but I like to have some days to end and never think of them again.

My cousin Kellen plays for the University of Memphis baseball team. They were in the NCAA tournament at Vanderbilt. Although they lost both games it was great they they were able to attend. 1994 was the last year they went. We went to the game Friday and it was hot, hot, hot. My kids loved staying at the hotel. It 's all about the elevators and swimming pool. This Marriott was nicer than any that I have stayed at. Down pillows and bedding. We as a family had a good time. We went to the Opry Mills mall and let Kara and Will Built A Bear. That's their favorite thing to do. My new favorite restaurant is The Cheesecake Factory. Oh my, it was delicious and I didn't even try the cheesecake.

One of the most humorus things about the trip was that across from our hotel was The Parthenon and a large park. Well, are you ready for this? There was a Gay Pride festival. I mean gays and lesbians out of the woodwork. The humerous part is that my dad was with us. He just about lost his mind. There was a lesbian couple that we saw everywhere. They had t-shirts that read things like "I'm not a lesbian but my girlfriend is". I thought my dad was going to say something to them. I am so glad that he didn't. I do not agree with homosexuality but I believe that we should act like Christ. We should act in a way that makes people want what we have. Oh, the best part is when we were leaving on Sat. they were lining up for a parade. Miss Gay USA lead the line. God rained on their parade (literally!) I thought dad, Greg, and Joel were going to pass out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.