Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Birthday



Yep, I turned 35 yesterday. With all of the other stress in my life it was a little hard to get into the spirit. Joel and my Mom made it very special. I woke up to a lovely "Napoleon Dynamite" talking card from Joel. I love N.D. b/c he reminds me of my neighbor in school. Oh, I hope he doesn't read this!! My mom had beautiful spring flowers and balloons delivered to work. Last night at church mom and Joel surprised me with a cake in my classroom. I have started teaching Kara's Prim class on Wed. nights. My friend and asst. teacher, Dana, brought cupcakes, a lemon icebox pie, and balloons. Plus, she got me a present. That was so thoughtful of her and it blessed me. She gave me a magnet that says "I can deal with anything as long as I have the right shoes". And a plaque that talks about hating pantyhose. Amen sista!

MySpace is so wonderful. People from different era's of my life are on there and wished me a special day. Tonight we went to the Rendezvous as a family. I just love downtown. Then we rode the trolley to an awesome dessert place called "Cheesecake Corner". They had every kind of cheesecake and it was superior. The nice trolley driver hit it off w/ Joel and dad. He jokingly asked us to get him a piece of cake when we got off. My dad bought the driver a piece and we waited two trolley's to get back on w/ the same driver. Sometimes my dad can be so, so thoughtful. That's the way I want to be. The driver was so happy and let us ride for free. Don't tell MATA. Anyway, I had a great night out. Mom and Dad gave me a diamond necklace. It's gorgeous. It has 5 diamonds in a row. There is a name for this design but I don't know it. It is certainly nothing that I would buy myself. I'm glad they did. I will keep it and pass it down. Joel and his parents both gave me money. Now who couldn't use that? I am thankful and blessed to have such wonderful and loving people in my life!!

No comments: