Friday, June 15, 2007

The Let Down

We got a letter in today from Shoahannah's Hope. They are not going to give us a grant. It didn't say why in the letter. I personally think Joel makes too much. Plus, it asked if our church was supporting us and if we had done fundraisers. Well, I wouldn't ask our church for help. And, we have not done any fundraisers. I have never heard of that before. After being online I have seen that several people have fundraisers. I would like to do one that gives people value for their money. Not just accept donations. Half of our family thinks we are crazy for adopting anyway. I wouldn't want to ask for money. I think their attitude would be - well if you can't afford it you shouldn't be doing it.

My heart is broken a little bit. I wonder what God has in mind? I think, have I missed it? Are we supposed to be doing this? I have such a passion about adopting from Thailand. We both do. Someone in my accountability group said that God makes things happen so that when it does work out everyone will know it was Him. Well, I feel like at this point it will absolutely have to be him. We are just wanting to get out of the house we built. Forget the profit - just take the burden away. And now the let down of not getting our grant. I hope I don't depress anyone too much. I try to stay positive and I am sure that tomorrow will be better. It always is. I still give God the glory and praise. He is my everything.

No comments: