Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Camping




We went camping Friday at Blanchard Springs, Arkansas. It is a beautiful place with lots of moutains, trees, streams, and waterfalls. I have a lot of wonderful memories there as my parents have been taking me since I was a little girl. I loved being able to tell Kara what "mommy did when she was her age." It's a great place to get away and do nothing. We took the kid's bikes and they loved catching "critters" in the stream. It was hot, hot and very humid. The clothes we hung to dry never did dry from Friday to Sunday. It was in the 90's during the day. The funny part is that you can't go camping without a fire. So, on top of the hot weather we had the fire to add to the temperature. We went with my parents, my brother, his wife, and their son. My kids love it and we overall had a good time.

No comments: