Monday, October 22, 2007

Seth's Christms Gifts


Greg and Jamie


Greg and Jamie (my brother and sister in law) left this morning for Thailand. They are traveling with a group of 13 from our church to an orphanage in Chiang Rai. This is where our adoption journey unofficially started. Joel went with the mission team last year. He came home so fired up and in love with the Thai people that it was contagious. Their journey is long, well over 24 hours. Hudson is being split between the grandmothers. Joel and I plan on going to the orphange when the adoption is over. My MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group had 90 soccer balls donated from Nike. We also raised $100 for an ice cream and fruit party for the kids. Joel and I donated the ball pumps. I can't wait to see pictures.

They will travel to Bangkok first and then travel to Chiang Rai, and then come back to Bangkok on the way home. We sent Seth's Christmas gifts with them with hopes that they will have time to drop it off at the adoption agency's office. If not, maybe when they leave. Worst case they can mail it in country for us.

Here's what we sent:
1. Play mat with little alligator puppet attached (imagine that!)
2. Phone with rotary dial that can be pulled. My kids had never seen a phone like that before. Man, I'm old!
3. Elephant toy that rolls and makes noises. Peanuts swirl around in the middle.
4. Classic ring toy
5. Lavender baby wash and lotion. I love, love, love this scent. Hope foster mom does too.
6. Bag of mini Hersey chocolate bars for foster family
7. Here's the coolest one: teether keys (3) that had places on them to insert your pictures. One key was Joel and I, one was Kara, and one key had Will's picture in it. FYI - we found it at Marshall's and the name brand is Infantino. I hope he enjoys the toys.

Something really great happened Sunday afternoon. A relative of a relative came over to buy some flip flops. She brought her dil and grandson with her. The grandson has the exact birth date of Seth - January 27, 2007. So, so cool. I held him and loved on him. So sweet and cuddly. I told them that he can come over and play anytime! As wonderful it was it was also a little sad. I am missing this innocent time in Seth's life. I enjoyed my babies so much.

Well, now I have to sit on my hands to not send any more packages for a while. I might send a "happy" in December. I am thinking about laminated pictures from Kara and Will and a Build a Bear animal with our voices on it.

2 comments:

Mel said...

The care package sounds perfect..they will be so excited to receive it! Hope everything goes well in Thailand.

TracyMcGal said...

Mel - Thanks. You really helped. I will say it again that you are such a great resource!