Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Room Mother Joys


I love being Kara's room mother. My mom was for me and now I get to carry on the tradition. So far I have done it every year. I was paid a great compliment this summer. A second grade teacher came up to me and said that the other teachers told her that she should want Kara in her class b/c I am such a good parent to the class. It really made me feel good. Tomorrow at school we can bring a snack and drink to the kids. It is not actually considered a party so we can't stay. I found a cute magazine with all kinds of Halloween ideas.
These little spiders looked cute to me and somewhat simple. Well, after about 3 hours I now know that is not true. But, I feel like they are well worth the time and effort. I started out by adding Snickers pieces to the cake batter. It is all melted and gooey inside. Then I iced the cupcake with chocolate icing. Next came the sprinkles. I had to half marshmallows for the eyes. I put icing on M&M's to make the eyes and nose. The hardest part was cutting the Twizzlers in small pieces and using a toothpick to to make the spider legs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!!! I've been looking at the site regular to keep up with whats going on with the adoption, I'm so excited for you guys!

Robin and Kyle said...

Tracy, Those cupcakes look awesome! Want to send some up to Wisconsin? =) I am not sure about the school our kiddo will attend, but can you believe that my co-worker isn't allowed to take anything homemade to her daughter's school for safety reasons? Parents can only bring store-bought, pre-wrapped treats to school. The world is getting ridiculous...