Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Seth's First Package



His first package was mailed off Thursday. I had been so overwhelmed about trying to decide what to pack my child half way around the world in a third world country. I just tried to tell myself that this is not going to be his only package and that I just needed to mail it. Here's what we sent:
1. Will's blue "lovie" that he never really used.
2. 2 books that make noise and have different fabrics.
3. A rattle that Kara picked out.
4. Sweet baby boy outfit in blue.
5. 3 t-shirts that Uncle Greg and Aunt Jamie bought at Old Navy
6. Lightweight pullover t- shirts including one yellow one that I labeled "Patsakorn's King Shirt."
7. Will's smocked gator outfit. I love it b/c it is smocked and Joel likes it b/c it's orange and has gator's on it. Oh how I hope and pray they take a picture of him in this outfit. He doesn't even have to wear it except for the pictures.

The reason we are sending so many shirts is that our information from Holt said that kid's in Thailand don't wear bottoms or diapers. Can you imagine? His foster home looks like they probably don't have electricity. Being from Mississippi I can understand country folks living simply. I myself am a suburban girl who likes big cities.

I will be sending toys with Greg and Jamie in the next couple of weeks when they leave for Thailand. My Holt friend, Sharon, said that toys are very expensive in Thailand. I think this is a great way for him to have some toys and we won't have to worry about customs.

Over the next few months as the waiting gets harder I think I will abide by the old saying "when the going gets tough the tough go shopping."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a sweet package! Shopping really does help. We did lots of shopping therapy towards the end of our wait for TA!!
Becca

hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

I like the saying!!! I'm with you girl!!

I've been waiting so long to buy girl clothing and decorate the room!!!